There is No Moat
May 3rd, 2023
1 hr 6 secs
About this Episode
Why open source might be the real AI winner long-term, and Mike gets the ultimate "I told you so."Support Coder Radio
- Jupiter Jobs Matrix Chat Room
- There is No Moat Document — An interesting paper from a googler working in research has published an internal paper on how ChatGPT & Bard will essentially be won out by Open Source LLM's
- ‘Godfather of AI’ quits Google with regrets and fears about his life’s work — Geoffrey Hinton who won the ‘Nobel Prize of computing’ for his trailblazing work on neural networks is now free to speak about the risks of AI.
- Geoffrey Hinton on Twitter — In the NYT today, Cade Metz implies that I left Google so that I could criticize Google. Actually, I left so that I could talk about the dangers of AI without considering how this impacts Google. Google has acted very responsibly.
- Nathan 🔍on Twitter — To me, Altman's credence seems over 1 in 1000. He thinks "the bad case" is important to say.
- nxthompson on Twitter — Wow. Geoff Hinton, one of the most important founders of AI, leaves his job so he can speak out about the potential for harm. "“I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have."
- Big Tech Earnings Spark Hope That Worst Is Over — Shares rise on better-than-expected results, but growth lags behind what Microsoft, Amazon and Google did in past
- News Analysis: Big Tech Shows Signs Of Stability — With just Apple left to report in the tech earnings season, three major trends have emerged
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.