No More Snake Mustaches
May 25th, 2022
48 mins 37 secs
About this Episode
Soon there will be no shame in that snake game, the big trend that is not our friend, and Microsoft reinvents the widget.Support Coder Radio
- Danielle DiMartino Booth on Twitter — "Amazon first announced it was going to be laying off 100,000 workers, and we really did get validation of the slowdown with Target, Walmart, Kohl’s saying we’re sitting on way too much inventory, demand is not there."
- Richard Field on Twitter — So to retain its mythical credibility, will Fed follow through on its forward guidance and raise rates thereby making the recession more severe or will the Fed say, wait, all the contemporaneous data we have suggests we are in a recession, so time to halt rate increases?
- The Labor Market Just Cratered — The Fed will be hard-pressed to drive inflation down towards its 2% target without raising the unemployment rate meaningfully, which in turn will require a significant downshift in labor demand.
- The Cantillon Effect: Why Wall Street Gets a Bailout and You Don't — The reason is because money has to travel through institutions, and right now, the institutions for the powerful function well, and those for the rest of us are rickety and broken. So money gets to the rich first. Eventually, some money will get to the rest of us, but in the interim period before that money fully circulates, the wealthy can use their access to money to buy up physical or financial assets.
- What is the Cantillon Effect and Why It’s Even More Important Now?
- London Meetup *PROVISIONAL*, Sat, Aug 6, 2022 — Alex from Self-Hosted will be in the UK in August and is proposing a meetup in London on August 6th at 2pm GMT (meetup.com is based off JBs Pacific Time).
- What’s New In Python 3.11 — This article explains the new features in Python 3.11, compared to 3.10.
- What’s in which Python — 10–60% faster than 3.10
- HP Dev One — Get ready for a laptop that’s customized for the way you code. Featuring preinstalled Pop!_OS Linux and a tuned Linux keyboard with a Super key, HP Dev One was designed with developers in mind.
- Adaptive Cards — Adaptive Cards are platform-agnostic snippets of UI, authored in JSON, that apps and services can openly exchange.
- AdaptiveCards on GitHub
- The Mad Botter Is Hiring — Find your next job at The Mad Botter INC.