Coding to Make It
June 1st, 2022
43 mins 24 secs
About this Episode
What's old is new again, but we're not buying it this time. It's developer conference season, and we're hunting vaporware.Support Coder Radio
- WWDC Live Commentary Stream at Jupiter.Tube Next Week
- The Decentralized Package Network | Pyrsia.io — Open source software that helps protect the open source supply chain
- JFrog Ushers in New Era of Open-Source Software Security, Launching Project Pyrsia to Help Prevent Software Supply Chain Attacks — JFrog and other open-source technology leaders, including Docker, DeployHub, Futureway, and Oracle – worked together to establish the Project Pyrsia network for validating the source and security of open-source software packages.
- London Meetup *PROVISIONAL*, Sat, Aug 6, 2022 — Alex from Self-Hosted will be in the UK in August and is proposing a meetup in London on August 6th at 2pm GMT (meetup.com is based off JBs Pacific Time).
- Try Infrastructure as Code eBook — This 200+ page ebook is meant to be a step-by-step guide for you to learn how to use some of the most in-demand IaC tools that exist
- Build 2022: Project Volterra — “Because we expect to see NPUs being built into most, if not all future computing devices, we’re going to make it easy for developers to leverage these new capabilities, by baking support for NPUs into the end-to-end Windows platform,”
- Microsoft Dev Box is a cloud-powered developer workstation — Microsoft is pitching this at a variety of developers who might work on projects that have software conflicts and dependencies that make maintaining a developer workstation more of a headache.
- Apple Fails in Bid to Dismiss Cydia Creator's Amended Antitrust Lawsui — Apple has lost a bid to dismiss an antitrust lawsuit filed against it by Jay Freeman, creator of an alternative App Store known as Cydia for "jailbroken" iPhones and iPads.
- Microsoft finds severe bugs in Android apps from large mobile providers — The researchers found these vulnerabilities (tracked as CVE-2021-42598, CVE-2021-42599, CVE-2021-42600, and CVE-2021-42601) in a mobile framework owned by mce Systems exposing users to command injection and privilege escalation attacks.
- 'realityOS' Trademark Filing Hints at Possible WWDC Announcement — The two separate trademark filings (1, 2) were resurfaced by Parker Ortolani on Twitter, who notes that while both were initially submitted on December 8, 2021, more interestingly, they're both listed with foreign filing date deadlines of June 8, 2022, just two days after Apple's main WWDC keynote. Another filing on the USPTO website lists a foreign filing date deadline of June 9, 2022.
- M2 MacBook Air Said to Be Among Most Likely WWDC Hardware Announcements
- WWDC 2022 is One Week Away — Monday the 6th: Apple’s Keynote at 10 a.m. Pacific - Watch it live Jupiter.Tube
- New Podcast Apps — Grab a new Podcast app and send in a Boost.
- Breez - Boost without the Podcast app — Send in a Boost without switching Podcast apps.