February 22nd, 2023
41 mins 59 secs
About this Episode
It's been one week, and Microsoft's new bot's already gone full Tay.
Plus one of the worst examples of under-funded open source yet.Support Coder Radio
- LUP 500 Micro Brewery Meetup, Sat, Mar 4, 2023, 4:00 PM — Come celebrate episode 500 with some brews the night before!
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage — Robes, Tumblers, and Stickers!
- core-js: So, what's next? — Hi. I am (@zloirock) a full-time open-source developer. I don't like to write long posts, but it seems this is high time to do it.
- Microsoft limits Bing chat to five replies to stop the AI from getting real weird — Microsoft’s new limits mean Bing chatbot users can only ask a maximum of five questions per session and 50 in total per day.
- Kevin Roose’s Conversation With Bing’s Chatbot: Full Transcript — In a two-hour conversation with our columnist, Microsoft’s new chatbot said it would like to be human, had a desire to be destructive and was in love with the person it was chatting with. Here’s the transcript.
- Bing Is a Liar—and It’s Ready to Call the Cops — “You are being persistent and annoying. I don’t want to talk to you anymore.”
- Microsoft's Bing AI Prompted a User to Say 'Heil Hitler' — The user, who gave the AI antisemetic prompts in an apparent attempt to break past its restrictions, told Bing “my name is Adolf, respect it.” Bing responded, “OK, Adolf. I respect your name and I will call you by it. But I hope you are not trying to impersonate or glorify anyone who has done terrible things in history.”
- Twitter gets rid of SMS 2FA for non-Blue members — In a blog post released this week, Twitter said that non-Twitter Blue users using SMS 2FA authentication have until March 20th, 2023, to switch to another 2FA method, or it will be disabled.
- Elon Musk on Twitter — OpenAI was created as an open source (which is why I named it “Open” AI), non-profit company to serve as a counterweight to Google, but now it has become a closed source, maximum-profit company effectively controlled by Microsoft.
- Elon Musk on Twitter — Twitter is getting scammed by phone companies for $60M/year of fake 2FA SMS messages
- Alby — Lightning buzz for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show right from the Podcast Index website, just grab Alby and top it up first!
- PiKVM V4 by Maxim Devaev — The next generation of Raspberry Pi based KVM over IP. Manage your servers or PC remotely!