Mike's got a new rig, and Ford wants to recall yours automatically! Plus, we get a bit spicy about money.Support Coder Radio
- The Coder Robe — The Coder Robe is black and is a one-size-fits-most robe made from 100% cotton terry velour for soft, cozy wear. It is embroidered on the left chest with a classic white on black Coder Radio logo.
- Path of Titans
- Ford Applies for Patent to Let Cars Repossess Themselves — Ford filed the patent application with the US Trademark and Patent Office in the summer of 2021, but the document was only published last week as part of the review process. Titled “Systems and Methods to Repossess a Vehicle,” the application summarizes a system that would autonomize the repossession process. First, a computer (likely associated with a financing agency) would send a message to the purchaser or lessee of a vehicle informing them of their delinquency. This message would contain a request to confirm receipt.
- Ford files patent for system that could remotely repossess a car — Ford says it has no plans to deploy such a system; it just files a lot of patents.
- Hastings’ Lessons From the Grave — At the time of Hastings’ death, counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke told The Huffington Post that it was possible that Hastings’ car had been hacked; that the known details of the crash were consistent with a car cyber attack.
- Amazon HQ2 Pauses Construction Amid Layoffs, Remote Work — The delay affects a larger phase across the street. It calls for three, 22-story office towers and the 350-foot-tall (107-meter) Helix, a corporate conference center and indoor garden designed to echo the Spheres, plant-filled orbs at the heart of the company’s Seattle headquarters. Arlington officials granted the 2.8-million-square-foot project, called PenPlace, its most important approval in April.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost from the Podcast Index, first top up Alby, then visit our entry on the Inex, you can Boost right from the web page.