Tapping the Breaks
July 27th, 2022
51 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
We're looking at the big picture and, surprisingly, seeing a lot of possibilities.Support Coder Radio
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — The little @system76 is pretty in pink next to its bigger bro! Review to come!
- Matrix Meetup Space — A collection of rooms to organize our upcoming meetups.
- Apple Silicon Is an Inconvenient Truth — Apple silicon is a profoundly inconvenient truth for many computer enthusiasts who do not like Macs, so they’ve gone into denial.
- Netflix rolling out external subscription button for iOS — Any accounts or purchases made outside of this app will be managed by the developer “Netflix.” Your App Store account, stored payment methods, and related features, such as subscription management and refund requests, will not be available. Apple is not responsible for the privacy or security of transactions made with this developer.
- Big Tech lay-offs and hiring freezes prompt recession fears — Big Tech is bracing for an economic recession and an uncertain future. That, in turn, is triggering more economic angst.
- Apple hits breaks on hiring amid economic uncertainty — 12 Apple is joining other tech big-hitters that have frozen hiring across parts of their organization in response to a cooling global economy.
- Google pausing hiring for two weeks — The company a week ago said it would slow hiring for the rest of the year - the sort of announcement that has come from all of its big-tech rivals facing a decelerating economy.
- Hardwear – Microsoft Gear Shop — Inspired by Microsoft and Supervsn Creative Director Gavin Mathieu’s love for building a community that empowers innovation through authenticity.
- Mario, Not So Super at Forty — I was-a born in 1981, which means, if you do-a the math, I’m-a forty years old.
- Chris' Fountain.fm Link — Try out Fountain.FM and follow @ChrisLAS for clips and recommendations.
- Grab a new Podcast App — Try out a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app, the ever-going list at the Podcast Index.