After reminiscing about .Net's 20th birthday, Mike and Chris air IBM's hypocritically dirty laundry and marvel at Microsoft's 3D chess moves.Support Coder Radio
- Seattle Mazda drivers can’t tune their radios away from KUOW — Also gone from the infotainment center were such features as Bluetooth, navigation, the clock and vehicle stats — “Many of the features I paid for when I bought it new,” Welding says.
- How Microsoft hopes to secure Activision Blizzard takeover — "We have developed these principles in part to address Microsoft's growing role and responsibility as we start the process of seeking regulatory approval in capitals around the world for our acquisition of Activision Blizzard," said Microsoft president Brad Smith, in a blog post announcing Redmond's commitments.
- Microsoft Promises Openness on New App Store as It Seeks Approval for Activision Deal — The move is a response to concerns raised by app developers and lawmakers about competition
- Microsoft announces new app store principles, aligning with Open App Markets Act — The rules come as Microsoft is attempting to win regulatory approval for the largest deal in the company’s history
- Want a new Podcast App?
- Making ‘Dinobabies’ Extinct: IBM’s Push for a Younger Work Force — Documents released in an age-discrimination case appear to show high-level discussion about paring the ranks of older employees.