Mike and Chris discuss the recent JetBrains FUD and ponder the impact of recent AWS policy enforcement.
Plus a bunch of cool setups sent in by our audience.Support Coder Radio
- code-server: VS Code in the browser — Run VS Code on any machine anywhere and access it in the browser.
- Homebrew on Apple Silicon — The biggest issue for me was Homebrew. According to this issue “There won’t be any support for native ARM Homebrew installations for months to come.” No big deal though. Homebrew can work just fine with Rosetta 2 and some things work natively.
- Download Visual Studio Code Insiders — Get the latest release each day.
- Widely Used Software Company May Be Entry Point for Huge U.S. Hacking - The New York Times — Russian hackers may have piggybacked on a tool developed by JetBrains, which is based in the Czech Republic, to gain access to federal government and private sector systems in the United States.
- Question on Quora that Captures the Impact — Are creators of IntelliJ, the JetBrains company, a project of Russian secret services stealing secrets from all the Western software shops?
- Parler is officially offline after AWS suspension — True to its word, Amazon Web Services (AWS) suspended services to Parler
- Amazon Is Suspending Parler From AWS
- Parler sues Amazon for kicking it off the internet — Parler compares itself to ‘a hospital patient on life support’
- Apple M1 Docker Tech Preview — This tech preview is aimed at early adopters of Apple M1 machines, who would like to try an experimental build of Docker Desktop.