Driving Mr. Dominick
May 17th, 2023
1 hr 33 secs
About this Episode
We laugh at Google's scramble, check in on the Twitter collapse, and how one developer's little mistake screwed millions.Support Coder Radio
- Michael Guimarin on Twitter — About a month from now Apple is going to announce support for using its silicon neural engine to run commercial and open source LLMs on the iPhone, etc. This will enable the work @BrianRoemmele is currently popularizing to come to Apple’s entire ecosystem. Strap in. 🚀🚀🚀
- Mark Gurman on Twitter — Power On: As Apple prepares to launch its next M2 Macs, the company is already ramping up testing of M3 chips. Here are the details and code counts of the next-generation 3 nanometer processors
- Apple Books Nearly 90% of TSMC's 3nm Production Capacity for This Year — Apple has booked nearly 90% of chip supplier TSMC's first-generation 3-nanometer process capacity this year for future iPhones, Macs, and iPads, according to industry sources cited by DigiTimes, providing the Taiwanese foundry with significant growth momentum in the second half of 2023.
- Elon Musk stepping down as Twitter CEO — Linda Yaccarino, NBCUniversal’s advertising chief, is in advanced talks for the role, CNBC’s Julia Boorstin reported.
- The Curious Case of the Missing Google Assistant — Google’s generative AI chatbot Bard took center stage at the company’s I/O conference. The company’s answer to Siri was left backstage.
- Google I/O and the Coming AI Battles
- More than 2 million Toyota users face risk of vehicle data leak in Japan — The vehicle data of 2.15 million users in Japan, or almost the entire customer base who signed up for its main cloud service platforms since 2012, had been publicly available for a decade due to human error.
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.