March 14th, 2023
50 mins 53 secs
About this Episode
Our spicy take on the Silicon Valley Bank bailout, how it will impact everyday developers, and how badly this screws over small businesses.Support Coder Radio
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 — LFNW October 20-22, 2023 Bellingham Technical College
- US guarantees all deposits after Silicon Valley Bank collapse, as Biden promises action — Announcement comes as Signature Bank was closed on Sunday by regulators – the second to fail in a week
- U.S. government takes control of Silicon Valley Bank — This is the largest bank failure since Washington Mutual in 2008.
- The fault, dear VCs, is not in your stars — As the news of the Silicon Valley Bank collapse reverberates through the technology ecosystem — and investors and founders alike furiously Google terms such as “available-for-sale” and “held-to-maturity” — even some of our most prominent financiers, like ‘PayPal Mafia’ member David Sacks, are learning once again how banks work, the hard way.
- The End of Silicon Valley (Bank) — In fact, Silicon Valley Bank has been technically insolvent for months.
- Home Depot Founder Tells Americans To "Wake Up" After Silicon Valley Bank Collapse — “I feel bad for all of these people that lost all their money in this woke bank. You know, it was more distressing to hear that the bank officials sold off their stock before this happened. It’s depressing to me,”
- Gabor Gurbacs on Twitter — This is how the Fed rug-pulled banks and depositors, 4 times in a row
- The Kobeissi Letter on Twitter — TIMELINE OF SILICON VALLEY BANK, $SIVB, COLLAPSE
- Roku says 26% cash reserves stuck in Silicon Valley Bank — Around $487 million, or 26%, of Roku’s cash reserves are stuck at Silicon Valley Bank, the streamer said in a Friday SEC filing.
- "Expect Mass Layoffs..." - The Real-World Impact Of SVB's Failure — Reality is that the contagion of the shuttering of the 18th largest bank in the US are widespread.
- 2023 State of Software Engineers Data Report + Survey Results — Knocking Go to fourth place, Ruby on Rails surfaced as the most in-demand skill for software engineering roles, creating 1.64x more interview requests for the developers proficient in it.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First top up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.