We crack open the time capsule and see how our spicy takes hold up.Support Coder Radio
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — "I’m about to order #homepod number 3. What’s happening to me.... who am I... @CoderRadioShow CC @ChrisLAS
- Supreme Court rules for Google in Oracle copyright fight over Android — Oracle had claimed to be owed as much as $9 billion, while Google claimed that its use of the code was covered under the doctrine of fair use.
- FOSS Patents: Supreme Court deems Google's use of Java APIs in Android fair use, thus no infringement--doesn't reach API copyrightability — Surprisingly, the Supreme Court has just declared Google's copying of thousands of lines of declaring code to be fair use, thereby substantially weakening software copyright protection in the United States as there had not previously been a case involving such a substantial amount of undisputedly original and creative program code that someone else was allowed to incorporate into a competing product and distribute billions of times.
- WWDC21 - Apple Developer — The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off with exciting reveals, inspiration, and new opportunities. Join the worldwide developer community for an in-depth look at the future of Apple platforms, directly from Apple Park.
- Introducing Libadwaita — GNOME 41 will come with libadwaita, the GTK 4 port of libhandy that will play a central role in defining the visual language and user experience of GNOME applications.