Mike's skeptical of the rumors Apple is preparing to allow third-party app stores, and in a total flip of roles, Chris comes to the defense of Microsoft.Support Coder Radio
- Apple is reportedly preparing to allow third-party app stores on the iPhone — Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman reports Apple will respond to upcoming EU rules with next year’s iOS 17 update. But it could still have strings attached, like only being available in Europe or only allowing installation of approved apps.
- Apple Announces End-to-End Encryption Option for iCloud Photos, Notes, Backups, and More — Apple today announced it is expanding end-to-end encryption to many additional iCloud data categories on an opt-in basis for enhanced security.
- FBI Calls End-to-End Encryption 'Deeply Concerning' as Privacy Groups Hail Apple's Advanced Data Protection as a Victory for Users — Apple yesterday announced that end-to-end encryption is coming to even more sensitive types of iCloud data, including device backups, messages, photos, and more, meeting the longstanding demand of both users and privacy groups who have rallied for the company to take the significant step forward in user privacy.
- IRS Reminder: Service providers, others may receive 1099-Ks for sales over $600 in early 2023 — The Internal Revenue Service reminds taxpayers earning income from selling goods and/or providing services that they may receive Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third-Party Network Transactions, for payment card transactions and third-party payment network transactions of more than $600 for the year.
- FTC sues to block Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard — Federal Trade Commission commissioners voted 3-1 in favor of a complaint against Microsoft’s planned $68.7 billion acquisition that will go before the agency’s administrative law judge.
- FTC Seeks to Block Microsoft Corp.’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 app, get great new features, and send a Boost into the show 🎉