November 23rd, 2022
1 hr 4 mins 36 secs
About this Episode
We will discuss the practical implementations of AI embedded in future products, then take a look at FTX's books and have a few highlights to share.
Plus, we lay out the PMC warfare theory, which might explain what bloated tech companies have coming.Support Coder Radio
- DiffusionBee - Stable Diffusion GUI App — DiffusionBee is the easiest way to generate AI art on your computer with Stable Diffusion. Comes with a one-click installer. No dependencies or technical knowledge needed.
- FTX Owes Its 50 Biggest Unsecured Creditors More Than $3 Billion — Sam Bankman-Fried’s bankrupt crypto empire owes its 50 biggest unsecured creditors a total of $3.1 billion, new court papers show, with a pair of customers owed more than $200 million each.
- kadhim on Twitter
- Antonio García PMC Warfare Theory — What Elon is doing is a revolt by entrepreneurial capital against the professional-managerial class regime that otherwise everywhere dominates (including and especially large tech companies), and that same PMC (which includes the media) is treating it as an act of lèse-majesté.
- Elon Musk's ‘Hardcore’ Ultimatum Sparks Exodus, Leaving Twitter at Risk — Musk aims to retain workers, softening work from home policy
- Twitters top former Censor Yoel Roth Outlines How Apple/Google could Stop Elon/Twitter — There is one more source of power on the web — one that most people don’t think much about, but which may be the most significant check on unrestrained speech on the mainstream internet: the app stores operated by Google and Apple.
- CBS Quits Twitter, then Returns — On Friday, one of the media outlet’s national correspondents stated that “in light of the uncertainty around Twitter and out of an abundance of caution, CBS News is pausing its activity on the social media site as it continues to monitor the platform.”
- Apple Executive Phil Schiller Deactivates Twitter Account — Schiller often used his account to promote new Apple products, services, software, and initiatives and interact with customers. As noted on Twitter by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, however, Schiller's account no longer exists. The account had over 200,000 followers and was created in November 2008 according to a web archive of the account dated November 4.
- Apple, Google to Serve as Gatekeepers and Beneficiaries of $8 Twitter Blue — Twitter is trending toward 250 million daily active users. Let’s assume that 1% of that user base—2.5 million people—subscribe on either iOS or Android. Excluding additional subscription products within Twitter, that adds up to $72 million in year one revenue for Apple and $36 million for Google.
- Mark Gurman on Twitter — While I expect lots of leeway, there is a real scenario in which Apple/Google remove Twitter because of content moderation issues or because Twitter decides to bypass the 15%-30% cuts. Notably, we appear to now know how Apple’s App Store chief feels about the new Twitter.
- Send a Boost into the Show — Upgrade to a Podcasting 2.0 app, and send a Boost into the show!
- Obsidian — Obsidian is a powerful and extensible knowledge base that works on top of your local folder of plain text files.